Changing piglet feeding schemes and management approach is key to AGP and ZnO removal, says nutritionist
- Novel swine virus type may shed light on viral evolution
- Strep diagnosis in swine prompts renewed calls for biosecurity
- Grease, copper additives may boost heat-stressed pigs' performance
- Finnish team evaluating optimal sow feeding strategies, how to cut farrowing time
- What factors affect sow colostrum yield and composition?
- Zinc may influence gut health, immune competence of pigs
- Glutamic acid shown to improve the feed efficiency of weaned piglets
- Study: Fasting on the day of weaning improves piglet performance in subsequent weeks
Swine precision feeding systems may need new methionine to lysine ratios, however, the individualized system may allow for swine production with lower protein
Study indicates that field cress seedcake could be appropriate feed for pigs, but high levels of glucosinolate and insoluble fiber need further evaluation.
Adding supplemental zinc may boost piglet growth and oxidative status, while supplemental arginine in feed has a limited influence on oxidative status or piglet
A new variety of hybrid rye may provide a less expensive alternative to wheat use in swine growing and finishing diets in Canada as it supports growth performan
Piglets fed diets containing the protected organic acid product showed higher average daily gain (ADG) and lower feed conversion ratio (FCR)
A yeast-based supplement may improve gut health and support piglet growth and weight gain following a disease challenge and weaning, researchers say.