Salmon rendered sterile through gene editing are exhibiting encouraging behaviour and performance during the grow-out phase, according to new research results.
- Fish disease - Fish lice
- Fish disease - Eye lesions
- Boost for Colombian tilapia productivity
- Minty feed may boost tilapia survival during disease challenge
- Specific chelated feed additives may boost fish gut health
- Streptococcus vaccine offers hope for tilapia sector
- The future phases of salmon production
- Production of omega-3 enriched tilapia through dietary algae meal or fish oil
More precisely, its feeds must include adequate amounts of arachidonic acid (ARA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA). And also including eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA)
Scientists taking part in a major survey of salmonid species in the North Pacific have returned to Vancouver with a number of surprising discoveries
BioMar claims to have created a lumpfish diet that eliminates the development of cataracts and therefore improves their efficacy as cleaner fish.
Called the International Symposium on Mucosal Health in Aquaculture (MHA2019), it will be the first event of its kind to focus on the health of the fish’s barri
Key innovation is combination of effective catfish ESC vaccine with mechanism that applies vaccine to feed at point of delivery.
Then in 2007, a chance effect happened: The heating system went wrong in one larval tank and the water temperature increased to more than 35 degrees-C
A new study that aims to improve the sustainability of Canada’s salmon farming sector by ensuring the best available technology is deployed has been launched
The toolbox of preventive measures is mainly based on the biosecurity concept, which is to avoid the introduction of pathogens into the culture systems