Some local dairy herds are changing color and getting shorter. That's a good thing, according to a man who consults with area dairy farms.
- What does the future hold for UK beef farming?
- Adapt winter milking routines to keep milk quality high
- Winter feed costs dependent on forage prices
- Asia Coffee-Vietnam dull as holiday mood drags, Indonesia subdued
- Clay has multiple benefits as dairy cattle feed supplement
- 3D technology helps dairy farmers identify sick cows
- Fruit by-products provide a cheaper fiber alternative for feedlot cattle
- Efficient feeding during drought
US forage quality challenges could hinder livestock feeding and reduce body condition if mitigating steps to provide additional nutrients are not taken
Bigelow Laboratory for Ocean Sciences is focusing on developing a feed additive from regional seaweeds to reduce methane production and improve dairy cow health
Supplementing beef cattle diets with nitrate and canola oil lowered methane yield and daily methane production but it does not alter the flow of microbial
Bonding pen experiences produce a better livestock guardian dog (LGD). Bonding pens are fenced pastures where dogs bond with the species of their future charges
Supplementing transitional Jersey cow diets with oregano extract may improve social behavior, feeding rate and dry matter intake along with production
Researchers have been eavesdropping on 'conversations' between calves and their mothers—measuring the process of how cows communicate using detailed acoustic
Increasing the neutral detergent fiber digestibility of sugarcane silage may boost intake and improve ruminal passage of fiber in feedlot-raised steer