Precision feeding can take the sting out of a drought, according to Dr Chris Landman, a feed specialist and consultant. Roelof Bezuidenhout reports.
- US: Low-quality forage prompts concerns about cattle, ruminant malnutrition
- Recent inbreeding in cows linked to greater depression
- US methane reduction project sees $3m investment in domestic seaweed research
- Canola oil, nitrate play role in lowering cattle methane output
- Industry wants origin of organic livestock rule finalized
- Study explores optimal training for livestock guardian dogs
- Ruminant feed with orange leaves may reduce methane emissions
- Oregano extract may improve feeding rate, milk production in Jersey cows
Researchers have been eavesdropping on 'conversations' between calves and their mothers—measuring the process of how cows communicate using detailed acoustic
Increasing the neutral detergent fiber digestibility of sugarcane silage may boost intake and improve ruminal passage of fiber in feedlot-raised steer
The objective is to study the interaction between different diets and dosages of the feed additive on the level of methane reduction.
Increasing global and domestic demand is expected to boost Brazil’s production of pork and beef, while low and stable feed prices may support the growth of feed